Friday, September 4, 2009

Indoor Soccer















Lesson Learned: Try something new or something you're afraid to do and who knows maybe you'll end up LOVING it!

Last winter Kyle and I played on a BYU Coed Intramural soccer team. I was really nervous playing because I haven't played soccer since I was 10. One of the girls on the team asked if I would be interested in playing on a Women's indoor soccer team. I gave her my email but wasn't serious about playing AT ALL. I didn't want the other girls on the team to be like, "aw man, why is she playing with us". Those of you with competitive spirits out there know exactly what I'm talking about. :) My friend Leanne had mentioned to me that she's been wanting to find a team to play with for a while now. I called her and told her about this girl and she immediately signed up. With A LOT of convincing Leanne was able to get me to sign up to play also.

I was sooo nervous the first game. I felt like I was going to throw up! (that was most likely a combination of nerves and being out of shape :) We played in Division 2 of the 4 possible so it was pretty competitive. The seasons are about 9 weeks long. Indoor is so fast paced, you never stop running. It has been exactly what I've needed to help my body get back in some sort of shape. It has also been very emotionally fullfilling as I have been able to do something for myself after taking a break from competitive sports after having Trey. I started playing in April and played two seasons which just ended on Friday. I will definitely miss playing but look forward to another possible summer of indoor soccer.

2 comments:

Tyler - Danielle - Emree said...

So fun! I bet you were so awesome. Wish we could have come watched you!

Mattias Welander said...

Jag är inte förvånad - du är ju superbra på allt som har med sport att göra!