Monday, January 4, 2010

Mr. Sandman, Please, Please, Please!


We are finally back from Christmas vacation and December is over. PHEWWW! As soon as I get all of my pictures on our computer I will update our vacation and the rest of December. Oh and to update everyone on Kyle's Swine Flu, it turned into Pneumonia. He missed three weeks of school. Only got to take one final. Had to take incompletes for two of his classes and has to take those finals by February 1st. We are happy to say that he is feeling much better than before although he still has pain in his ribs and has a hard time breathing here and there but there has been major improvement.


Right now I want to talk about SLEEP!! I do not function well without my sleep and have a hard time controlling my emotions when I am exhausted. The past two weeks I have had very little sleep. I got a horrible cold again and coughing kept me up most of the night. Then there was Trey. He had a really hard time sleeping in California so Kyle and I were up a lot. When we got home last night, we had to retrain Trey to his schedule. We are back to letting him cry for about 45 minutes before he finally falls back to sleep. Our poor neighbors. Hopefully, every night will get better till he is sleeping through the night again!


I don't know if I can go much longer without a full nights rest. Right now I think the hardest part of being a parent for me is the exhaustion factor. I'm hoping Mr. Sandman remembers all of the songs I have sung to him in my past and will let me get some sleep! :) (p.s. Please excuse

2 comments:

Ben and Kristen Call said...

Glad to hear Kyle is getting better. Sorry to hear you got sick again. Best of luck with getting Trey back to his schedule.
I know how you feel about lack of sleep...even though I don't have a child yet...being 33 weeks pregnant really doesn't help with the sleep factor...I feel for you!

Kirstin said...

Oh Crystal, I'm sorry! Sometimes when I think "yeah, I think we could have another baby" then McKeltie has a bad night and I remember what it's like to go night after night with a newborn and hardly any sleep. You'd think to encourage us to have more kids Heavenly Father would make that part of parenting just a little bit easier. Maybe I'll have to write a letter and let Him know...