Friday, February 12, 2010

I feel so accomplished!



I was feeling ambitious last week so I decided to arrange a Primary song into a four-part women's barbershop piece. Some of you may know that I competed in a Barbershop quartet in High school. It was so much fun and I really grew to love that style of music and a capella singing. Since I got married I haven't been able to do much singing and would really like to find some kind of group that does Barbershop. Anyway, I took the primary song Beautiful Savior and made up my own arrangement. I have never done anything like this before but it was soooo much fun. I could only do it while Trey napped but I just finished it yesterday and am so excited. I used the Finale software to help me write it and it sounds awesome when it plays it back to me. I can't wait to hear it with real voices. Hope it sounds good!! I have already found 2 other girls to sing Tenor and Lead so now I just need a baritone, (I sing Bass). You know that wonderful feeling of accomplishment when you have created something new? I love it and it inspires me to do more.

7 comments:

Tyler - Danielle - Emree said...

How fun and awesome. you have to have creative things like that for yourself to keep you sane. We actually are only running one competition this year in Spokane, but we are looking forward to next year with high hopes. MIss you guys.

Jen said...

wow Crystal way to go!!!! I am so impressed you wrote a song!!! You should totally submit it to the ensign or something :)

w and w said...

Way to go! Wish I was there to sing with you! I'd love to hear it sometime. Oh Crystal, we've gotta get together with you two some how. I'm having withdrawals! LOVE YOU TOO MUCH!

Mattias Welander said...

I wish I could listen to it. I'm sure it's wonderful.

When we're on the subject of music. Here is a song named "Sverige" that I thought you might like. Välkommen, välkommen hit!!

Varma hälsningar från Stina

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWf5e1x4_PI

Katie said...

That is so cool. I can't wait to hear it. I'll let you know if I find a baritone.

Lemonpeel said...

awesome! I love creating! You're right it's the best feeling in the world :)

karla said...

So talented, Crystal! You should record it and post it so we can all hear how beautiful it is. :)