Monday, February 9, 2009

A New Talent

Our Friends Tyler and Danielle Andre are due to have a baby this week and for Dani's gift I wanted to give her a nursing cover. If any of you have noticed nursing covers are at least $30 dollars and my cousins make them for way cheaper so I wanted to try and make one for her instead of buying one. Now, I am not a seamstress at all. I've used a sewing machine twice in my life so I asked my mom to help me. I went up to her house last Friday and we made these. I decided to make one for me too. Mine is the top one and Dani's is the bottom. We went and picked out the fabric together. Oh and my cousin Brooke and Aunt Chele came and made one for Brooke too. She is due in late March. Anyway, it was a lot of fun and I got to learn a new talent. I got the instructions online. Here is the website if anyone is interested. www.breastfeeding123.com/free-pattern-to-sew-your-own-nursing-cover/

Crystal's



Dani's

6 comments:

Cheyla Mills said...

So cute! You are very talented :)

The Four on Board said...

i am making a few of these this week for friends with my sewing machine! we will see if mine turn out as cute!!

Mattias Welander said...

I have never heard of a nursing cover before... What do you use them for? Covering the baby while breastfeeding? Whatever it is we don't have them over here. =) Love /Stina

Sara said...

those turned out so cute! I am going to have to make one for whenever we have a second baby! Thanks for the tip!

Mattias Welander said...

Thanks, now I got it. =) I don't think there's a very big market for them over here though.. Do you have special sweaters for breastfeeding too? Everyone is using them over here and they cover enough. At least we think so =)

Candy died exactly a year ago.

Puss och kram

karla said...

Wow! Great work! The fabric on yours is beautiful!