Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Friday the 13th

So last Friday was "Friday the 13th", for the second month in a row. I am not a superstitious person but at the end of the day my mother reminded me that it was Friday the 13th. So we are going to blame the events of the day on bad luck.

Kyle and I had a soccer game at 6pm. I pulled my left quadriceps while running. Ouch!!!! It's actually feeling so much better now.

Kyle had a basketball game at 7pm. He was intentionally fouled, thrown against the wall so hard it knocked him to the ground. His elbow is disgustingly bruised and he walked with a limp for 3 days because the back of his knee and calf got kicked really hard.

Bradley (my brother) had a basketball game at 8pm. He was pulled to the ground by a guy on the other team (no foul called mind you) and tore his ACL. :( Brad is due to have surgery this Friday. He definitely got the worst of it!

Needless to say, the three of us limping out of Bradley's basketball game was quite a sight to see.

I was interested to see what the origin of Friday the 13th was and looked it up on Wikipedia. It was an interesting read. Here's the link http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Friday_the_13th

2 comments:

Stacie said...

So Millie was born on Friday the 13th -which was her due date and I was not about to wait one more day. But after reading that I might have waited one more day!

Swaner Family said...

Holy cow! Sounds like you guys got beat up. I feel for Bradley and the ACL (as you know!) My poor sister in law just tore her ACL skiing. Something's in the air!