Thursday, October 14, 2010

Kajsa Elaine Sherman is finally here!

SHE IS HERE!!! Kajsa Elaine Sherman (the "aj" is a long i sound, like in kite or write and the s is soft not a z sound ) Her name is Swedish. I heard it while I was on my mission and Kyle and I both love it. Kajsa was born on October 8, 2010 at 2:17am. She was 7lbs 8oz and 18 inches long. Kajsa was healthy overall but had a slight gurgle when she cried so they sent her to the NICU to be monitored and suck some stuff out of her lungs for 2 hours. We finally got to be with her at about 6am that morning.

Here is a synopsis of my labor for those who are interested.
-Wednesday night at 10pm slow contractions started. By 2:30am I was having contractions every 8 minutes and by 5am they were about 6 min.
-7am Thursday morning contractions slowed way down to about 2 per hour. Went on long walk at 9am. Mom came at noon and we walked Trey to the duck pond. I climbed stairs while we were there to try and keep my contractions going.
-Walking home from duck pond at 2pm contractions became 8 min apart.
-5pm contractions 4 min
-6pm went to hospital totally expecting them to send me home. Was dilated to a four. Waited one hour to see if I would progress.
-7:30pm dilated to 5. 8:30pm got an epideral. Heaven bless the person who invented those!!!!!!!
- 1:30am Friday morning dilated to a 10. Called doctor
-Doctor arrived at 2am got prepared.
- Started pushing at 2:05 and Kajsa was born at 2:17am. 6 contractions, 12 minutes. (Trey was 3 contractions and 10 minutes) My body sure knows what to do when it's time to push. The pushing is the easiest part of my labors.
Kyle was wonderful through all of this and was such a wonderful support to me during labor. I couldn't have done it without him. He is my rock and my support system and I am so grateful for him and the wonderful husband and father that he is.

The morning after Kajsa was born I looked at the clock at 11:11 and thought make a wish. :) As a pondered what I wanted to wish for most I couldn't help but think of Kajsa and Trey and my desire for them to reach the highest degree of the Celestial kingdom and have all the joys of the gospel. I re-committed myself then and there to do everything in my power to be the best parent that I can and always be a Christ-like example to my children. Kyle and I will do our very best everyday to do this for them. All of God's children deserve this! What an honor it is to be the parents of two of God's sweet children.
Here are some pics of our sweet new additions.
Just after she came out, before they took her to NICU they let me hold her for a sec.
Kajsa in the NICU. :( She loves to suck her two little fingers
Our first family picture
The morning she was born with Trey and Grandma Jan
Trey holding her all by himself!
Coming Home from the Hospital
Her first at home bath
All Dressed Up

9 comments:

Sara said...

CONGRATS!! I've been checking your blog all the time waiting for this post! She is beautiful, and you look amazing too! How fun!

The Four on Board said...

great post!! congratulations!

Lemonpeel said...

she is so sweet Crystal, congrats!

Wendy said...

Congratulations Crystal! That's so exciting! She is so cute! I'm so happy for you guys.

Bobby & Emily said...

She is so cute! Congrats! I'm glad everything went well!

Katie said...

She is SO cute! Your birth story made me laugh. Let us know when you're ready to play, Lucas misses Trey.

Tyler - Danielle - Emree said...

She is so beautiful! What a beautiful baby and I mean it. I can not imagine having contractions for that long because I was induced. I am kind of nervous to see if I go into labor this time. I do love myself an epidural! They are heaven. Emree got hooked up to that same little contraption in the NICU. I love how they know what they are doing in Provo and wish I could deliver there again.

Holding a little baby in your arms brings you so close to our Heavenly Father and there spirit just enters your heart, home and family. I love that feeling that new babies and children in general bring.

Thanks for the compliments and love! We are missing you guys. I have been resisting the drive to Utah in November because it is pretty long, but I just want to see everyone so bad. We will see! Lots of love.

Abby said...

Congrats!! I LOVE hearing the birth story. Because I have c-sections I am always amazed at the stories!!! So happy for you guys!! I love names with meanings I am also glad you explained it for the likes of me. I totally asked Linda and Sarah how it was pronounced when I saw them!! Congratulations!!

Ben and Kristen Call said...

Krystal I am so glad that you posted pictures of that cute little girl. I love the picture of Trey holding her, he is going to be such a good brother.
We just think she is beautiful and are so happy to have another little girl in the family. I can't wait for Kajsa and Reese to be the best of friends.
Hope all is going well!
Love you lots!