Tuesday, February 15, 2011

My New Obsession




So... I have this new obsession with these blenders. I have seen them both at booths in Costco and Sam's Club. Whenever I go there, I stand at the counter with my kids for like 45 minutes trying all of the samples. They are soooo good. :) Kyle finds it quite humorous. I have read reveiws comparing the two. They have become a part of my daily conversations and the butt of my jokes. I really really really want one but they are like $400 dollars. I know... Kyle thinks I'm crazy too, but think of all of the things I can make with it. I can make baby food and puree whatever we are eating, smoothies, ice cream, soups. The ice cream is amazing and is made with no sugar or dairy. Perfect for my lactose intolerant little boy. They even grind wheat for making bread!!! A-mazing. But for now, I will just have to wish.

6 comments:

Stephanie said...

My sister has a Blend Tec. :) She LOVES it. She got it for Christmas a couple years ago. She grinds wheat, makes soup, and amazing smoothies. I would love to have one as well... maybe someday. :) And yes, that is Dahl Salmon and he is in our ward with his wife Kelly. He is my cousin (Mom's, Sister's, Son). They had no idea they were moving into our ward so it was kind of funny.

Wendy said...

I just bought a Vita Mix a couple months ago and I am IN-LOVE-WITH-IT!
It's the best thing ever! I blend up all my vegetables and throw them in whatever I'm making since my kids won't eat them whole and they have NO idea. They just eat it and I smile because I've tricked them so well. I also love the fruit and green drinks, soups and other yummy things they make...delicious. My kids beg me for fruit drinks every morning, which is a welcomed change around here. I've made ice cream like 20 times already and it takes literally 30 seconds. It's become a frequent FHE treat around here :) I can go on and on, but it really is amazing! I highly recommend buying one. I use mine at least once a day and my family eats so much healthier whether they know it or not! Way worth the money!!!

w and w said...

Crystal... you HAVE TO CALL ME! I've got to sell you on the Blendtec. As I was grabbing one at Costco THREE people standing next to me were watching the demos and mentioned that they each had a vita-mix and wished they'd bought a Blendtec. Call me and I'll tell you why. chatting on the phone is 10 x's more fun PLUS Will will sell Kyle in no time. HE uses ours almost as much as I do. Seriously one of the most valuable things we own!

Tyler - Danielle - Emree said...

They get me with their samples too, but then I remember how much I hate cooking lol :)

Stacie said...

I'm right there with you! It just sucks me in and I don't want to move until I have one in my hands!

Swaner Family said...

I totally watched an infomercial this morning for a different blender. Mot gonna lie...I kind of wanted one!