Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Testimony


Sunday was Fast and Testimony meeting. Towards the end of the meeting Trey said "Mommy, I want to go up there". I explained to him that people went up there to bear their testimonies about Jesus. He said he wanted to do that. I said ok. We walked up there and this is how it went.

Crystal: "I don't know if this has ever been done in this ward before but Trey would like to bear his testimony" (it is rare to have talking age children in the ward)

Trey: Got nervous and turned away, which is what I thought would happen so I bore my testimony instead. In the middle of my testimony he said, "Mommy I want to do it". So when I finished, this is what Trey said:

"I like Jesus. I like Nephi. I like Temples. Amen."

As we were walking down from the stand he said loudly, "Mommy I forgot to say Name of Jesus Christ Amen". I told him he could do it next time. We sat down in our seats while another member bore his testimony. When he was done Trey said, "Mommy I want to go again, It's my turn".

Trey has such a sweet little spirit and I hope that he will keep that desire to bear his testimony to all of those around him. It was a first, I thought was worth documenting :)

4 comments:

Katie said...

That is so cute, I'm sad I missed it. He really is such a sweet boy.

Ben and Kristen Call said...

So sweet. He does have a sweet little spirit.

Mattias Welander said...

I'm very impressed by him!!

Swaner Family said...

So sweet! I'm sure everybody loved it!