Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Oil Change

















Disclaimer: Please excuse the compression shorts :)


I went to my parents house on Monday to do my laundry. I told my mom that we needed to do an oil change on my car and she said, Oil changes are easy we can do it. I laughed and said are you serious? Kyle always changes our oil but I have never learned how. We went to the store bought the stuff and my mom got under our little Honda with me and taught me how to change my oil. IT was not hard at all. I was totally nervous to get under the car because those of you who know me well know that I have a total paranoia about things being on my face. I was so afraid oil or something else was going to spray all over my face. Well, guess what happened. When I took the bolt off of the oil tank I didn't move my hand fast enough and sprayed oil all over my face and my mothers. It was pretty funny. My mom and I had a good laugh. I of course wiped the oil off of my face immediately, my mom stayed under the car. She's tough like that. We did a completely successful oil change and my car drove home from my parents house perfectly. I feel very accomplished :)

3 comments:

Swaner Family said...

Way to go! Awesome women! Brandon insisted on showing me after we got married, but I have yet to try it on my own!

Ben and Kristen Call said...

Crystal, I swear your mom knows how to do everything!!! I wouldn't have the slightest idea how to change my oil either...Ben takes care of that. Way to down under the car and get dirty!! :o)

Ryan and Rachel said...

Way to go! Also good luck with the triathlon, Ryan did one last summer and he said he'd like to do one again. If you can change dirty oil and get sprayed everywhere then you can finish a triathlon.