Monday, June 20, 2011

Triathlon

July 30th Kyle and I will be running in a Sprint Triathlon. I have been training for it on and off but last week I started running everyday. I've discovered that I do not like to run. I love how I feel afterwards but running is awful! (at least right now) Maybe once I get into better shape I'll enjoy it more. I absolutely love to swim but I can't take two kids with me to swim laps like I can with running. Kyle on the other hand loves to run and hates to swim :) This is good for training because I push him to swim harder and he pushes me to run harder. We are both not very good cyclists so we both laugh anytime we have to ride our bikes up a hill because we are panting terribly. Kyle, poor thing, has to pull the kids in the trailer and ride his bike. We are really looking forward to doing our first Triathlon and hope that we will be in shape to be able to do it well. We would LOVE our family and friends to join us if they'd like :)

3 comments:

Ben and Kristen Call said...

You guys are AMAZING!!! I would have to be bribed to do anything like that. :o)
I am with you on running, I just don't like it. I have been doing it every other day for 5 months now and I still don't enjoy it.
Best of luck to you guys in your triathlon!!

stuartandbrittney said...

You both are amazing!! I will seriously die if I tried to do something like that. Good luck with the training and I can't wait to hear all about the triathlon.

Stina said...

Are you kidding me Crystal? What do you mean you're not a very good cyclist? You are too! At least in a skirt and church shoes. =) You were always way ahead of me. And you taught me how to ride my bike without using my hands. =) You'll do great in your triathlon!