Thursday, June 2, 2011

Stitches and Stuff




Our first "major" injury with one of our kids. Two weeks ago on our way out to church, Trey fell on the second to last stair and hit his eye right on the corner of the brick wall. We walked back up the stairs with our church stuff, cleaned him up and went to urgent care to get stitches. Daddy's white shirt and tie were red instead of white and yellow. Trey was pretty nervous about getting stitches. Because the cut was so close to his eye Kyle and I had to hold Trey down while the doctor gave him his numbing shot. Trey did not like that very much and it was pretty difficult to keep Trey down. We waited for 15 minutes while the numbing medicine kicked in and then back to the table for the stitches. The nurse came in to help us hold Trey down, the nurse happened to be a large male. I held Trey's head, Kyle held his arms and shoulders and the nurse held from waist down. It was so sad to see Trey screaming and bawling. He kept yelling, "stop pushing me", but Kyle and I knew it was for his own good. After stitches were all done I asked Trey if he wanted to go home or go to church. He said he wanted to go to Sacrament Meeting (ours is last) so off we went. He's such a sweet boy.


The next Sunday Trey was scheduled to get his stitches out. A little boy in nursery hit Trey with a toy right in his eye and of course he immediately panicked. He was fine just nervous about his eye. We took Trey back to urgent care to get his stitches out. The nurse had me hold Trey while he laid on my shoulder so she could take them out but he wouldn't hold still for her so back to the bed we went. We brought in the same male nurse again and held him down. Trey again started screaming, he was so scared. In the middle of crying hysterically Trey yells "Sharp Tooth!!" I instantly started laughing. Trey has been very into Land Before Time lately. I thought it was so funny that in the middle of this traumatic experience he was still thinking about Land Before Time and yelling Sharp Tooth. I asked him afterwards why he yelled that and he said, "Because the scissors were sharp like Sharp Tooth and they were trying to get me". Poor guy. Well, Trey healed great and now we just have to keep sunscreen on it so that his scar doesn't turn pink.



Kajsa is getting so big. She will be 8 month this next week. She has finally started eating baby food, thanks to her Aunt Kallie. I have tried giving it to her since she was 6 month old but she always spray-spits it back out at me. The only thing she would take 3 or 4 bites of was green beans. Kallie came over yesterday and fed Kajsa at the same time as Wesley and she ate it no problem. She has eaten for me 3 times since. YEAH!! She has been growing so much and wanting to nurse like every 2 hours. Solids will help her sleep better at night too, I hope. She is still not crawling on her knees but she can get anywhere she wants to by rolling, twisting, sitting up and turning and pulling herself along the floor. She loves to play with Trey's talking puzzles. Kajsa is such a good baby. She is excellent at sitting and playing with toys around her. She has become quite a mama's girl since about 6 month's old. As long as she can see me in the house she is content, I don't have to be holding her. That is, however, only true if someone else is not holding her. If someone else is holding her than she is constantly reaching for mommy. (This doesn't include daddy thank goodness).



Brother and sister after bath time fun!!



Trying to crawl on all fours.

6 comments:

The Four on Board said...

yep with food you have to keep giving it to them and really be consistent on it.....watching another baby eat is good too but i dont know if she actually got that because of being so young. We have been very big on not giving other options with our kids at meal times ( other than when sick or teething ) and they always eat what they are given! that will help you a lot so Kajsa may not be as picky as Trey. (if he still is --not sure )

Ben and Kristen Call said...

Poor little Trey. I seriously don't think I could hold my child down like that. Way to be super mom!
Okay seriously "Sharp Tooth"!!!! Too funny, he has such a fun imagination.
I cannot believe how old Miss Kajsa is! She is just as adorable as always. Glad you guys are doing great!

Ben and Kristen Call said...

p.s. how did you do your header? I LOVE it!!

Ben and Kristen Call said...

this is ben. can you hook me up with the guy that chose that color for your carpet? I'd like to hire him as my interior designer!!! ha!

Crystal and Kyle said...

For Real on the carpet Ben. The owner came in the other day and I told him how much I hate it and how it shows everything little tiny spec. He said "That's the point" It's so ugly and annoying!

Sara said...

Poor Trey! And poor mama! Kenna actually got stitches in that exact same spot right before Laney was born- seriously- worst moments of my life as a parent, maybe ever, watching them hold her down as they stuck her with the needle :(. Glad he is okay! And glad you can laugh about some of the moments now!